At WFA, we recognize that our that every member plays a vital role in making the fair industry great. So we're pleased to offer benefits that meet your needs and connect you with the resources necessary to grow your business.
Networking and Educational Opportunities
- Annual Credentials: The Western Fairs Association credential allows free gate entry into 95 percent of member fairs.
- Convention, Trade Show and Showcase: WFA's premier event connects more than 1,400 fair CEOs, directors, staff and fair-related professionals in one convenient location. From Trade Show and Entertainment Showcase to nightly receptions and educational sessions, you won’t want to miss this annual event. As a member, discounts apply.
- Open Houses: WFA hosts Open Houses at the California State Fair, the San Diego County Fair and one or more fairs located in other states in the West. These events are open to members and those interested in membership, and are intended as a networking opportunity for fair staff, service members and local dignitaries in a relaxed environment.
- Feature Fair Tours: Take your learning on the road and participate in the annual Feature Fair Tour. Each year, Western Fairs Association selects one fair-in-progress to tour. The two- to four-day event allows you to get acquainted with all aspects of the fair, members from other divisions and staff members from other fairs, while enjoying behind-the-scenes tours of the featured fairs’ best.
- WFA Meetings & Mixers: Join other industry professionals to discuss the latest news in the fair industry at various fairs-in-progress.
- Banking Services: Celero gives member fairs and business the ability to accept credit cards, debit cards and check electronically. Receive discounts on state-of-the-art equipment, access to the 24-hour Call Service Center, the ability to make deposits at the bank of your choice, lower banking fees and more.
- Group Rate Insurance: Receive a discount on general liability insurance complements of our business partner, WSR Insurance Services. When you insure with this group plan, your company will appear on the California Fair Services Authority Master List - streaming reporting requirements with fairs. Members are also eligible for special rates on home, life, car and fire insurance.
- Pepsi and Coca-Cola National Pricing Program: Food & Beverage Concessionaires save money by making purchases through these programs, more than enough to pay for your annual service member dues! Keep your receipts and send them to the Pepsi National Office to receive rebates on purchases. Use your Coca-Cola card for Coke Purchase savings.
- Mobile Apps for your Fairs or Business: Grandstand Apps has partnered with WFA to offer our members a 5% discount on all mobile apps. Compatible with iPhone and Android platforms.
- Date List & Membership Directory: A comprehensive listing of fair dates, key decision-makers and businesses produced annually. This premier publication lists fairs alphabetically and businesses by division—making it easy to plan your fair route. Considered the ultimate reference, the Date List & Membership Directory also serves as an excellent advertising opportunity available only to members.
- Mini Date List & Membership Directory: A condensed version of the Date List & Membership Directory listing fairs by state as well as festivals, fair associations, fair foundations and government agencies—a vital travel companion for fair professionals.
- Fair Dealer Magazine: A quarterly magazine mailed to more than 1,500 fair industry CEOs, directors, staff, board members, associations, government regulators and fair-related businesses. This magazine features must-read articles on the latest industry happenings, fair wraps, profiles of industry figures, editorials from key leaders and new member business listings.
Website and Social Media
- WFA Website: Stay up-to-date on WFA activities, view fair dates, find industry events, locate service members by company type in the Business Directory and review the latest information from the California Fairs Alliance. Certain areas only available to members.
- Newsletter: Sent the second Tuesday of every month, the WFA e-newsletter reaches more than 2,000 members, nonmembers, fair CEOs, directors, VIPs and service members.
- Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: Get a behind-the-scenes look at WFA. Receive daily or weekly updates on industry news, upcoming meetings, new members and travel schedules.
- WFA coordinates an extensive legislative advocacy program that tracks and sponsors bills in California and on a federal level.
- Logo: Let your business partners know you are a Western Fairs Association member by utilizing our logo on your company letterhead, website, business cards and other promotional items.
- Advertising: There are a number of advertising opportunities available to members at a discounted rate. New members receive a 10% discount on their first ad order within 3 months of joining!
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Become a Western Fairs Association sponsor, have your logo and name listed on our sponsor page on the website, and the home page sponsor ribbon. You will also receive recognition for sponsoring convention in the Winter and Spring Fair Dealers. Sponsors also recieve other great benefits, contact the WFA office for details!
- Achievement Awards Program: The Achievement Awards Program was developed to recognize and promote excellence throughout the fair industry. Participation in the Achievement Awards Program gains visibility and recognition for your fair or business, as well as the opportunity to learn from others.
- The Merrill Award, named in honor of Western Fairs Association founder Louis Merrill, is given to an Achievement Award winning entry that clearly demonstrates innovation, vision and excellence.
- Hall of Fame: The Hall of Fame honor is presented to an individual whose dedicated efforts have enriched the tradition of fairs and encouraged the professionalism of the industry as a whole.
- Blue Ribbon Award Program:This industry recognition program allows fairs to show their appreciation of individuals or organizations who have volunteered their time and energy in support of their fair.
Your Voice Matters
WFA Members have elected representation on the WFA Board of Directors and the opportunity to participate in the various committees.